Friends of the Library (FOTL) are volunteers who support the Huntington Beach Public Library through volunteer work, membership donations, fund-raising activities and by encouraging gifts, endowments, and bequests to the Library.
Ways To Support The HB Library
Attend A Program
Become An FOTL Member
Buy Used Books
Buy from the Friends Gift Shop
Become A Sponsor
Huntington Beach Public Library Grab & Go Service
Beginning October 12, Huntington Beach Public Library will reopen to the public with some changes and a new “Grab & Go” service in place for the safety of our community.
Our “Grab & Go” service will begin with modified services and hours at Central Library. Our branch locations at Oak View, Main Street, Banning and Helen Murphy will remain closed for now.
Central Library “Grab & Go” Schedule:
Monday - Thursday: 9am to 1pm & 2pm to 6pm
Tuesday: 9am to 1pm & 2pm to 6pm
Friday - Saturday: 9am to 1pm
What services will be available during “Grab & Go” at Central Library?
- Book and media collections will be available for browsing and checkout to the public. All visits are limited to one hour.
- Please continue to pick up holds through our Sidewalk Service during open hours. Holds will not be available for pickup in the building. Visit hbpl.org to learn more about Sidewalk Service.
- Adult Computer Lab will be open by reservation and drop in. Patrons can log on for up to one hour in a single session per day. Printing is available with credit card or exact change. The Children’s Computer Lab will remain temporarily closed.
- Research & Information and Library Accounts assistance will be available from our staff in-person.
- Virtual storytimes and library programs will continue. For a full list of programs, visit: hbpl.libcal.com
Temporarily Closed Services:
- Seating, Tables, Study Rooms, and Room Rentals
- One Fine Blend Coffee Cart
- Friends of the Library Gift Shop
- Friends of the Library Used Bookstore.
- Genealogy Area
- Veterans Resource Center
- Literacy Center
- In-person Storytimes
- Children’s Computer Lab
- No donations will be accepted at this time.
As State restrictions gradually lift, we hope to reopen these services soon.
What safety measures will be in place?
Per State COVID-19 guidelines, the following safety measures will be implemented:
• Total occupancy at Central Library will be limited to a maximum of 100 people at a time. All visits are limited to one hour.
• Temperature checks will be taken at the main entrance. Any visitor with a fever of 100.4 F or higher or with COVID-19 symptoms will be asked to return at another time.
• Properly worn face masks will be required for all visitors and staff.
• Plexiglass barriers, hand sanitizer stations, and social distancing signs will be placed throughout the library.
• Enhanced cleaning procedures will be in place to disinfect surfaces throughout the day.
• Public restrooms will be limited to one visitor at a time.
• No food or drink is permitted.
We will adjust our guidelines and services accordingly as state and county guidelines change. Thank you all for your understanding and patience.
FRIENDS OF THE LIBRARY - HBPL
KEEPING IN TOUCH
MESSAGE TO OUR MEMBERS
Our greatest wish for all of our members and their families and friends, as well as the community at large, is that all are well and following measures to keep themselves and others safe in the face of the current pandemic. Like all of you, we look forward to a return to some semblance of order to our lives.
While we await the lifting of restrictions on our activities and the gradual re-opening of the library, our board members and volunteers continue to work on short-range projects to keep you entertained and well-informed on our activities.
Don’t forget to take advantage of the many online resources at HBPL that you can access at:
HBPL Digital Guides
Thank you for your continuing support of FOTL’s efforts on behalf of the Huntington Beach Public Library. Stay safe and well.
--FOTL Board of Directors
Want to know
how much FOTL
does for the HB Library????
Click HERE to find out the latest!
Did you know.....
FOTL Membership is now available online-
Friends of the Library
Huntington Beach Public Library
7111 Talbert Ave.
Huntington Beach, CA 92648
Currently there is no media on this page