Friends of the Library (FOTL) are volunteers who support the Huntington Beach Public Library through volunteer work, membership donations, fund-raising activities and by encouraging gifts, endowments, and bequests to the Library.
Ways To Support The HB Library
Attend A Program
Become An FOTL Member
Buy Used Books
Buy from the Friends Gift Shop
Become A Sponsor
Monday - Thursday
10:30 - 12:30 and 2:30 - 4:30
Friday 10:30 - 12:30
Saturday 12:00 - 4:00
Visa/Mastercard credit/debit card accepted for minimum purchases of $10.
FOTL and FOTCL members receive 10% discount on regularly priced merchandise.
Membership card must be presented.
All proceeds are donated to the Library.
While the Rental Book program has been discontinued, the inventory of books from the program are being sold in the Gift Shop at bargain prices.
Huntington Beach Public Library Grab & Go Service
Beginning October 12, Huntington Beach Public Library will reopen to the public with some changes and a new “Grab & Go” service in place for the safety of our community.
Our “Grab & Go” service will begin with modified services and hours at Central Library. Our branch locations at Oak View, Main Street, Banning and Helen Murphy will remain closed for now.
Central Library “Grab & Go” Schedule:
Monday - Thursday: 9am to 1pm & 2pm to 6pm
Tuesday: 9am to 1pm & 2pm to 6pm
Friday - Saturday: 9am to 1pm
What services will be available during “Grab & Go” at Central Library?
- Book and media collections will be available for browsing and checkout to the public. All visits are limited to one hour.
- Please continue to pick up holds through our Sidewalk Service during open hours. Holds will not be available for pickup in the building. Visit hbpl.org to learn more about Sidewalk Service.
- Adult Computer Lab will be open by reservation and drop in. Patrons can log on for up to one hour in a single session per day. Printing is available with credit card or exact change. The Children’s Computer Lab will remain temporarily closed.
- Research & Information and Library Accounts assistance will be available from our staff in-person.
- Virtual storytimes and library programs will continue. For a full list of programs, visit: hbpl.libcal.com
Temporarily Closed Services:
- Seating, Tables, Study Rooms, and Room Rentals
- One Fine Blend Coffee Cart
- Friends of the Library Gift Shop
- Friends of the Library Used Bookstore.
- Genealogy Area
- Veterans Resource Center
- Literacy Center
- In-person Storytimes
- Children’s Computer Lab
- No donations will be accepted at this time.
As State restrictions gradually lift, we hope to reopen these services soon.
What safety measures will be in place?
Per State COVID-19 guidelines, the following safety measures will be implemented:
• Total occupancy at Central Library will be limited to a maximum of 100 people at a time. All visits are limited to one hour.
• Temperature checks will be taken at the main entrance. Any visitor with a fever of 100.4 F or higher or with COVID-19 symptoms will be asked to return at another time.
• Properly worn face masks will be required for all visitors and staff.
• Plexiglass barriers, hand sanitizer stations, and social distancing signs will be placed throughout the library.
• Enhanced cleaning procedures will be in place to disinfect surfaces throughout the day.
• Public restrooms will be limited to one visitor at a time.
• No food or drink is permitted.
We will adjust our guidelines and services accordingly as state and county guidelines change. Thank you all for your understanding and patience.
Want to know
how much FOTL
does for the HB Library????
Click HERE to find out the latest!
Did you know.....
FOTL Membership is now available online-
Friends of the Library
Huntington Beach Public Library
7111 Talbert Ave.
Huntington Beach, CA 92648
Currently there is no media on this page